18 June, 2010

Hemp Milk

Remember when you were a kid and you'd chew up a paper napkin until it was all wet and pulpy, because paper napkins made the best spitballs?  If you ever get nostalgic for the taste of those spitballs, there's a product you can find right now, in the "health foods" aisle, that will bring it all back to you:  Hemp milk.

You read that right:  Hemp milk.  Made (primarily) from "hemp nuts," this white fluid seems to be a saleable byproduct from the up-and-coming hemp industry.  Unfortunately, it pretty much tastes, as I said, like a chewed-up napkin.

The brand name is "Tempt."   I was Tempted to pour it down the sink, but it was expensive, so I just held my nose and choked it down.  Maybe I'll get suddenly healthy or something.

.

1 comment:

Jan said...

Hmmm...methinks I shall keep drinking my vat-pasteurized, non-homogenized whole milk (at least until I can find a source of raw milk) and give this a pass.