06 October, 2010

Herr's Baby Back Ribs Potato Chips

On the one hand, I have to hand it to Herr's for their incessant development of unique and interesting potato chip flavors.

On the other hand, the Baby Back Ribs flavor is just so...not good that it's no wonder I found them in a job lot store.

When all is said and done, they are a very ordinary barbecue flavor potato chip with the addition of something called "grill flavor."  They don't really tate like baby back ribs unless you have a fairly active imagination.

I won't be buying these again.

.

7 comments:

J. Astro said...

Awwww - gotta dissent here, I think these are actually quite good. Not exactly like "ribs", maybe, but I'd say far more interesting and seasoned than just standard BBQ.

My all-time fave Herr's chips are still the buttery (& hard to find in my general vicinity) Sweet Corn variety, however.

Dave said...

I've been looking for the Sweet Corn variety forever. If I find some, I'll ship ya a bag.

I'm not a big fan of barbecue chips in general, so that colors my review.

Anonymous said...

http://ridiculousfoodsociety.blogspot.com/2009/12/meat-chips.html

mt thoughts

Dave said...

Mr.Dave - Hahahaha, a blast from the past. Glad to see your awesome blog is accessible again even if you're not actively updating.

Andrew said...

I gotta side with Dave....
These things almost made me feel ill.

Anonymous said...

I picked up a bag of Herr's horseradish and cheddar instead and... I loved them.

Surprisingly heavy on the horseradish FLAVOR... which was especially surprising when I learned they didn't contain any actual horseradish.

WTF.

- Steve CTMQ

Dave said...

Haven't seen the horseradish/cheddar ones yet, but I'll keep an eye open for them.