02 October, 2010

Aldi Opens in Enfield

It's a very good day to be a grocery shopper in North Central Connecticut:  ALDI has opened their latest supermarket in Enfield, right in the heart of a busy commercial district that already hosts a Big Y, Stop & Shop, and ShopRite within line-of-sight of each other.  You can bet that the competition - which also includes other supermarkets like Geissler's, Armata's, Price Chopper, Save-A-Lot, and Price/Rite stores in bordering towns, is going to keep prices in check.

I really like ALDI - we've been shopping at the one in nearby Vernon for well over a year now.  It's great to have one right here in town. 

4 comments:

Alan said...

We have an old "Better Value" market, the only market in town. That's the trade off for living in the country. It's still called "Michael's Market", by the locals, named after the former owner. Of course, we can travel outside of town to hit some bigger, newer markets. But at Michaels, it's just the basics. No underwear or computer paper separating the food isles. In every isle is a neighbor, most you know. Every clerk has a name you recognize and most are the children of your friends and neighbors. Surprised the heck out of me the other day when I was able to find Panko bread crumbs in one of the isles. Hey, they even had cans of coconut milk, which I needed once for a recipe. I just had to dust off the cans a bit.

Dave said...

Enjoy the ALDI. I have two in my town and another opening in my former home town 30 miles away. Good grub at good prices. Just watch using your debit card there ...

http://tinyurl.com/ALDI-DEBIT

Between the ALDI and the local family owned (with all "service" meats) and local fresh produce market I am well provided with good grub at good prices.

Beyond the RockZ said...

Went to Aldi's in Enfield yesterday. Steady crowd of people familiarizing themselves with the choices. I'll bet it does well.

Danasaurus Rex said...

Aldi is awesome...also im getting a malware warning using chrome...maybe worth looking into ;)
I love how aldi always sells random thing seasonably 'look we have catapillar hats!'