01 May, 2010

Cintron Liquid Energy

Closeout stores and job lots are among my favorite places for getting energy drinks. They're cheap, they're plentiful, and I'm only throwing away seventy cents or so if the drink ends up tasting completely nasty (which they usually do.)

But I was given a very pleasant surprise the last time I was down at the local Ocean State Job Lot. In the corner by the other beverages were a couple flats of Cintron Liquid Energy drinks, all in assorted flavors. And the blue one caught my eye, because Dave and I love our blue foods.

So, seventy cents later, I have a strange new energy drink sitting on the kitchen table. And much to my surprise, it was good. Granted, it was sweet like most other energy drinks, but it had a full-bodied citrus flavor - oranges and grapefruit and something else - and had a subtle touch of tangy blue raspberry in the background. I was shocked at houw good it was, but can see why it failed in a market dominated by big names like Nos, Full Throttle, Monster, Red Bull, and Rockstar. But I can forsee myself going back and picking up another can or two within the week so that I can savor its deliciousness again.

.

No comments: