05 July, 2011

Test Your Ingredient Panel Literacy

The online magazine Slate has a cool activity up right now - The Slate Ingredients Quiz.  The quiz presents the published ingredients list from various processed foods and offers you an opportunity to select the product corresponding to the ingredients.  Select the correct one, and the panel will turn green and allow you to continue with the quiz.  There are eleven questions in all, and the average Slate reader got a little better than 5 of the eleven correct.

I scored 9 correct out of 11.  Can you beat my score?  Click here to find out.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I scored 10 out of 11

llcwine said...

7 out of 11

MrsBug said...

Rats! 7 out of 11. It was the soda questions that had me beat!

chuck in chicago said...

Eight out of eleven for me. This reminds me of the classic "Saturday Night Live" TV commercial parody which had an unctuous Chevy Chase asking "Is it a dessert topping? Is it a floor wax? New 'Shimmer' is both!"

Liz said...

I did poorly. Only got 4

Anonymous said...

Show-offs! Ken 5 of 11 ;(

Lynnafred said...

I got 10 out of 11, Dave... Are you getting old? ;D

Anonymous said...

I got 7 out of 11.... The Fresca one i got because i nremeber reading the ingrediets ( i fdrink it) and seeing the oil...ugh

jessi p. said...

10 out of 11!

Anonymous said...

7 out of 11

J. Astro said...

8 outta 11. That one with the Ginger Ale and Coke & Pepsi threw me off. Caramel color in Ginger Ale? Didn't expect that.