14 July, 2011

Lucky Charms


Andrew Green, author of the excellent blog Who Wants Taters? mentioned Lucky Charms in a comment. And I just happened to have a box of them in the pantry, so of course Andrew INVOKING them like that was like giving me a posthypnotic suggestion.  So yeah, I just had a bowl of Lucky Charms.

I used to like these when I was a kid. It seems that Dry Crumbly Marshmallow technology has come a long way since then.  Most of the marshmallow back then were white or, at best, some kind of solid color.  Nowadays, though... check it out, that's a rainbow!

I just noticed a minute ago that the cereal shapes are pretty interesting. I think they might be Satanic. Or they might be the result of an industrial accident at the Alpha-Bits factory. I'm sure that one of those scenarios would work.

3 comments:

MrsBug said...

I love Lucky Charms. Those and Corn Pops are my go-to sugary cereals that I don't let myself buy very often. why? Because I finish the box in, like, 3 days.

Tampa Bay Food Monster said...

definitely satanic. be wary!

Andrew said...

Yeah, no one ever talks about the glazed oats part of the Lucky Charms....
But, I think they're the most intriguing. I mean, WHAT ARE THEY???

And thanks for the plug!