12 January, 2010

Slab Bacon That Can Not Be Unseen

Sometimes when you buy slab bacon the piece you get is cut from the teat section of the belly. Yes. Delicious cured and smoked pig nipple:


Slab bacon has to be sliced before frying. If you do it just right, you can cross-section the nipple:


Don't be squeamish; once the bacon is cooked, you can't tell the difference:

So feel free to serve fried pig nipples to your guests. They'll never know the difference, though they might wonder why you're snickering while they NOM NOM the bacon.
.

2 comments:

Eating The Road said...

Hahahhaha...that had me laughing (as evidenced :P) You're darn tootin' that couldn't be unseen....'twas quite surprising when it hopped up on my RSS!

J. Astro said...

I'm no prude and I realize they slaughter cute little animals to make my tasty yums, but man - adding a nipple to my food is like giving it a voice that squeals "please don't eat me!".