06 March, 2012

McDonald's Shamrock Shakes Are Back Again

Hey, heads up, Shamrock Shake fans! They're back at the local McDonald's for a limited time, and for the first time they're being offered nationwide.

I loved Shamrock Shakes when I was a kid, and they're still my faves. Ever since I had my first one when I was eleven, I've looked forward to the St. Patrick's Day season when Mickey Dee's would bring them back.

i don't like the new default way McD's serves their shakes as part of the McCafe lineup, though - really, who needs whipped cream and a cherry on top of a shake?  I got one all decked out in the finery one time, and was totally unimpressed.  Just plain for me from now on, please.


2 comments:

Dave said...

Glad you likes 'em. For me ... meh. Green slime pumped full of air and oversugared. I thought they were ubiquitous around wearing of the Orange time. Had no idea they were regional. I *always* make it a point to wear an orange shirt on March 17th. Although most do not "get it".

ENJOY!!!

J. Astro said...

Agreed on the unnecessary "McCafe" presentation, I rolled thru the drive-up window and was equally shocked when my normal choc shake came out looking all froofy. It didn't reeeeally matter I suppose, but it kinda threw me off. Little things like that, huh? Weird.