08 January, 2012

Out Of The Can: Shop Rite Corned Beef Hash

Here we go again, with yet another can of hash.  Like the last, this one is also a store brand: Shop Rite Corned Beef Hash.  And also like the last, notice the stunning lack of extraneous fat.

That's not saying this stuff was perfectly lean, because it wasn't: As it cooked, about a tablespoon of fat melted out, which we spooned off after cooking.  But overall, I have to say that Shop Rite hash has a decent flavor and texture and is quite a bit less expensive than the leading national brands.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that pink meat appearing within the hash?

Are there hunks of potatoes embedded within the canned concoction?

Anonymous said...

I know I'm late to the party on this post, but I just wanted to say that ShopRite Corned Beef Hash has become my family's preferred brand since Broadcast was bought out by Libby's and discontinued. It's the closest thing we've found to that old Broadcast CBH taste.