27 July, 2009

Paula Deen Peanuts

Did you know that Barnes & Noble sold snacks?? I didn't - not until the other day, when I was poking for bargains on the "red sticker" markdown table (75% off! Aces!) and found this can of Paula Deen Handcooked Virginia Peanuts.

Inside, I found delicious - and quite large - peanuts seasoned with a blend of salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. They were quite good, though not good enough that I would ever even think of buying them at the full price ($6.95 for 12 ounces? You've gotta be kidding me. Sorry, Paula, I'm not paying double the usual retail price for peanuts just because they've got your fancy vanity label on them.)

The markdown price was a bargain, though, at $1.75 - a deal made all the sweeter because of the big red sticker covering Paula Deen's face.

.




No comments: