26 July, 2008

Burger King Burger Shots WITH BACON

I really like Burger King's Burger Shots. Flame-broiled beef patties, tasty orange cheese, just the right size to share - they're just made of win. When I first reviewed them back in June 2008, I said:
"The only thing that could make me happier with them would be if they were topped with BACON. You got that, Your Highness? Get some bacon on those Shots and you'll have an unstoppable juggernaut of flame-broiled goodness."
Last night, looking for a quick supper, I stopped at the local BK and decided to take a chance. I ordered a six-pack of Burger Shots and then asked the kid behind the counter how customizable those burgers were.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Well, I know I can get cheese on them. I was wondering if I could get bacon on them, too," I said.

"Um...I think so. I can check..."

"Can I get extra meat, too?" What the hell - might as well go for a six pack of Bacon Double Cheeseburger Shots, right?

"Woah. I have to ask my manager. Can you hang on a sec?"

"Sure."

He called over the manager and explained what I was asking for. The manager looked a little puzzled. She looked up at me and said, "You want extra meat?"

"Yeah. Wouldn't that be awesome? A sixpack of miniature Bacon Double Cheeseburgers."

"I, um, I'm sorry," she said, "But I don't have any way to ring that up. There's no key on my register for extra meat. I can give you bacon, and cheese, but I can't ring something up if there's no key for it." I looked down at the keypad registers that they use, and it was true: there was truly no provision for them to charge for extra meat.

I could have been one of those asshole customers that bitches and causes a scene until they get what they want, but I'm not like that and besides, I was taking a wild shot that I'd be able to get something that really was off the menu. So I smiled and said, "A six-pack of Bacon Cheeseburger shots is just as good, thanks." And that's what I got.

Before I left, I asked the manager to pass my suggestion up the line. Bacon Double Cheeseburger Shots would indeed be awesome. In the meantime, though, I'll be happy with the bacon.



4 comments:

Kelly said...

wow, that sounds yummy, the bk across the street from me does not havethose yet. Were they good?

Dave said...

The Burger Shots are very good, partly because they've got a good meat-to-bun ratio. The bacon just makes them better.

If they're not offering them at the BK near you, they might be soon. I recently found out that they're using my area as a test market.

Kelly said...

Ahh ok..they sound de-lish, especially w/ the bacon. :)
Btw love your blog, mind if I add you to my roll?
Cheers!
~Kelly

Anonymous said...

You should have just told them to ring up a dozen bacon cheeseburger shots, hold half the buns. Then you would have had a six-pack of Double Bacon Double Cheeseburger shots.